Kathy Parsons – Wellness
Certified Yoga Teacher (RYT-200), Breath Coach, Retreat Specialist, Entrepreneur
About, Career, & Passions:
Kathy is a Toronto-based yoga teacher, meditation and breathwork guide who specializes in helping people connect to themselves through movement and breath.
Having led over 25 international wellness retreats over the years, Kathy is a self-proclaimed ‘retreat addict’ (and a type-A in recovery). Kathy left the corporate world in 2014 to provide the ultimate energizing and balanced yoga and retreat experience for others.
Her vinyasa flow classes incorporate creative movements that strengthen and lengthen the body while staying connected to the breath. She also teaches breathwork, moving meditation, restorative and yin yoga. Classes are tailored to the students and include gentle hands-on adjustments and assists, inspirational music and a scented savasana massage. (When not under Covid precautions! She will still provide you with expert cues from a distance to help you strengthen your practice).
“My philosophy is to provide the space for each student to connect with their mind, body and soul so they finish class feeling simultaneously lighter and more grounded. I encourage students to push themselves to their personal limits, while not taking themselves too seriously. Smiling and laugher is welcome!”
After a successful career in marketing and major gift fundraising, Kathy understands what it’s like to crave stillness and connection in a world that overvalues busyness. She’s combined her love of business and wellness together with her company
The Santosha Life: Cultivating Contentment through Yoga • Breathwork • Meditation • Retreats
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours from Queen’s University and a Post Graduate Journalism Degree from Humber College.
- Certified Yoga Teacher Training with Vikasa Yoga, 2014
- Over 500 hours of additional training and continuing education in yoga related skills.
- Certified YogaBody Breath Coach – 2020
- Graduate of the University of Toronto’s Applied Mindfulness Certificate (2019)
- Graduate of the MBSR (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction) program from the Palouse Institute (2018)
- “*5 STARS*! This was a very well-coordinated and balanced retreat in a gorgeous setting. It will leave you feeling refreshed and energized at the same time. Kathy did a great job of accommodating the yoga practice to the energy of the room. I really appreciated her teaching style and sense of humour! Also, the team did a very good job of accommodating the Covid restrictions and making people feel safe. I can’t wait to attend another of Kathy’s retreats!” – Erin, October 2020, Lake Louise
- “Kathy’s retreat was an experience which exceeded my expectations on every level. A skilled teacher and motivator, Kathy tunes into each participants’ ability and coaches them to find and challenge their individual edge; along with Kathy’s mindfulness meditation workshop and practice, I came away feeling stronger physically and mentally prepared to incorporate mindfulness into the whirl of everyday madness. Accompanied by the stunning backdrop of Lake Louise, exceptional accommodation and meals at Chateau Lake Louise, hiking the Rockies, and a great group dynamic – Kathy is authentic, dynamic and fun, and worked hard in creating a memorable journey for all. My best yoga & meditation experience yet – I highly recommend Kathy’s retreats.” – Judy, October 2020, Lake Louise
Flow, Connect & Restore. – October 17-21, 2021
Nourish and recharge your body with energizing and restorative yoga, explore mindfulness meditation, make connections with like-minded people, and have a great time in the process!