March 24-27, 2022 | October 27-30, 2022
About The Retreat
We live in exciting times where there is an up swell of information. Riding this wave of knowledge, we see yoga practice undergo both a renaissance and an evolution. Naturally, with a flowering of techniques, it can be confusing to find material that is relevant to our lives.
This three night, all-inclusive retreat, will explore a mix of yoga techniques that will elevate your understanding of postures and provide insight on movement, recovery, and dive deeper into why we have the bodies that we do. There will be challenges, laughter, a-ha moments and a myriad of sensations will arise! Whether you are relatively new to yoga practice seeking to build a solid foundation, or a seasoned practitioner aiming for refinement, everyone will leave with meaningful techniques. To bring one’s yoga practice into the beauty of Lake Louise is a metaphor for our lives.
Nestled in this stunning mountain landscape, we will dive into the foundations of movement, mind and breath and create a bedrock for our yoga and a lake of stillness for our minds. With 15+ years of teaching, Jeff can draw from numerous experiences and insight as he shares his favourite explorations. Are you ready to explore your yoga further? To dance on the edge of what is comfortable? Then hop aboard for the adventure!
- Developing lower legs that are functional, strong, and able to resist injury and further challenging them with unique balance sequences.
- A close look at exploring fundamental standing postures.
- Using somatic techniques and movements to release tension.
- Discovering our unique personal tightness pattern that we currently hold in our bodies.
- Using props to work with the body’s connective tissues, and address chronic issues.
- Moving away from passive, static stretch techniques and exploring alternate methods of lengthening and contracting the body for greater safety and stability.
- Extensive work on developing meaningful core strength for true spinal stability. Looking at places of common weakness in yoga practitioners and lay down a pathway to cultivate strength.
- Regaining healthy shoulder joints and working with props to awaken lost movement patterns.
- Back-bending with an eye towards stability and gaining movement in the thoracic spine.
- 3 nights accommodation at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise in a Fairmont room
- Welcome cocktail reception
- Group dinners on Friday & Saturday evenings. Gratuities included. Dietary requirements can be accommodated.
- Daily morning & afternoon yoga workshop classes with Jeff Mah
- Free time daily
- Yoga practitioners of all levels wanting to experience both challenging and restorative practices to learn, grow, and let go.
- Anyone wanting to learn more about themselves in a beautiful setting.
Click “BOOK NOW” to see the full retreat rate and room types available. Booking through this link confirms your spot(s) in the retreat.
- Be one of the first five people to book and receive a complimentary upgrade to Fairmont Lake View room (subject to availability)
- Rates based on a Fairmont Room do not include taxes or service charges (see Book Now link for full price)
- Single occupancy from $589 per night or $1767 CAD for the full retreat
- Double occupancy from $429 per night or $1287 CAD for the full retreat
- Three night stay required
- All retreats require 50% deposit at time of booking, with full payment due at check-out. Cancellation within one month of program start date will result in full retreat charged. If the hotel has to cancel the retreat for any reason, the full deposit will be refunded or applied to a future retreat. If a guest is unable to travel due to Covid related illness or isolation, the deposit will be applied to a future retreat before December 31, 2022.
- US travelers will enjoy additional savings due to favorable exchange rate. Check Daily Exchange Rates. (Rates will vary and do not include credit card exchange fees. Subject to daily exchange rate changes.)
For specific retreat questions, contact:
Davina Bernard, Director of Wellness
TEL | +1 403 522 1638
EMAIL | firstname.lastname@example.org