August 15-18, 2021 & September 19-22, 2021
About The Retreat
We live in exciting times where there is an up swell of information. Riding this wave of knowledge, we see yoga practice undergo both a renaissance and an evolution. Naturally, with a flowering of techniques, it can be confusing to find material that is relevant to our lives.
This three night, all-inclusive retreat, will explore a mix of yoga techniques that will elevate your understanding of postures and provide insight on movement, recovery, and dive deeper into why we have the bodies that we do. There will be challenges, laughter, a-ha moments and a myriad of sensations will arise! Whether you are relatively new to yoga practice seeking to build a solid foundation, or a seasoned practitioner aiming for refinement, everyone will leave with meaningful techniques. To bring one’s yoga practice into the beauty of Lake Louise is a metaphor for our lives.
Nestled in this stunning mountain landscape, we will dive into the foundations of movement, mind and breath and create a bedrock for our yoga and a lake of stillness for our minds. With 15+ years of teaching, Jeff can draw from numerous experiences and insight as he shares his favourite explorations. Are you ready to explore your yoga further? To dance on the edge of what is comfortable? Then hop aboard for the adventure!
- Developing lower legs that are functional, strong, and able to resist injury and further challenging them with unique balance sequences.
- A close look at fundamental standing postures such as triangle, side angle, and more.
- Discovering our unique personal tightness pattern that we currently hold in our bodies.
- Using props to work with the body’s connective tissues, and address chronic issues.
- Moving away from passive, static stretch techniques and exploring alternate methods of lengthening and contracting the body for greater safety and stability.
- Extensive work on developing meaningful core strength for true spinal stability. Looking at places of common weakness in yoga practitioners and lay down a pathway to cultivate strength.
- Regaining healthy shoulder joints and working with props to awaken lost movement patterns.
- Back-bending with an eye towards stability and gaining movement in the thoracic spine.
- Discount on 3 nights’ accommodation at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, you choose the room type best for your needs
- Welcome cocktail reception Sunday evening
- Group dinners on Monday & Tuesday evenings. Gratuities included. Dietary requirements can be accommodated.
- Daily morning & afternoon yoga workshop classes with Jeff Mah
- Free time daily
Early Booking offer:
Book Now for the September retreat and receive $200 off!
Must book by August 31, 2021. Discount will be applied at check out.
- Click “BOOK NOW” to see rates and room types available.
- Special Offer Be one of the first five people to book to receive a complimentary upgrade to to the next room category (subject to availability)
- Rates do not include parking or transportation to the resort
- ALL (Accor Live Limitless) members receive an additional 10% off our Best Available Rate. Join ALL now and the additional discount will be applied after your reservation is confirmed.
- Three night stay required
- All retreats require 50% deposit at time of booking, with full payment due at check-out. Cancellation within one month of program start date will result in full retreat charged. If the hotel has to cancel the retreat for any reason, the full deposit will be refunded or applied to a future retreat. If a guest is unable to travel due to Covid related illness or isolation, the deposit will be applied to a future retreat before December 31, 2021.
For specific retreat questions, contact:
Davina Bernard, Director of Wellness
TEL | +1 403 522 1638
EMAIL | firstname.lastname@example.org