Flow Connect and Restore – Wellness Retreat
OCTOBER 18-22, 2020
About the Retreat
Immerse yourself in nature while staying in luxury Fairmont accommodation with sweeping views of Lake Louise and the Rocky Mountains. Nourish and recharge your body with energizing and restorative yoga, explore mindfulness meditation and breathwork, make connections with like-minded people and have a great time in the process! In addition to three delicious, healthy meals a day, six yoga classes and three workshops led by international yogi Kathy Parsons, you’ll have the opportunity to pamper yourself with a world-class massage or spa treatment, explore the gorgeous trails around the property, relax with new friends or settle in to read a good book.
This retreat is designed to be both energizing and restorative. Bring your partner, friend, family member or come on your own. Rest assured, your retreat host and the team at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise will make sure that every detail is taken care of throughout your magical mountain retreat.
You will be practicing with Kathy Parsons, a Toronto-based yoga teacher who is focused on helping each guest learn, grow, relax and feel connected on this retreat. Start each morning with a 75-minute energizing Vinyasa flow yoga class. These classes feature strong flows with creative sequencing designed to lengthen, strengthen and open up your body. Expect to sweat and give yourself a full-body workout while staying connected to the breath. Everyone will be encouraged to listen to his or her body and take breaks when needed. In the late afternoon, you will explore Yin & Restorative yoga. These classes will begin with a warming flow to prepare your body for deeper stretches (yin) and deep release and relaxation (restorative). This deep stretch yoga targets the deeper fascia of the spine & pelvis allowing for improved flexibility of soft tissues, mobility of the joints and the release of stress in the body & mind. Often described as yoga for the mind, mindfulness meditation will be weaved throughout these classes as well. All classes will be set to inspiring music, have gentle hands on assists and adjustments, and conclude with a relaxing aromatherapy savasana.
*Kathy will provide modifications for students who are practicing at different levels, including those who are just starting their yoga journey. Although this practice is suitable for all levels, it is advised that you have the physical fitness that allows you to flow through several basic poses that are linked together. This will make for a more enjoyable practice!
The workshops will offer an opportunity to explore yoga asana (poses) further so you can deepen your learning and understanding of the practice. We will also explore Mindful Breathwork for Stress Relief and a Yoga Nidra guided meditation.
- Challenge and expand your body and mind through challenging (yet accessible) vinyasa flow yoga.
- Kick-start or power up your fitness routine.
- Learn simple mindful movements and meditations that you can incorporate into your daily life for energy and relaxation.
- Disconnect from your busy life and enjoy space and time for reflection
- Forge new connections and meet friends from all over the world
- Yoga practitioners of all levels wanting to experience both challenging and restorative practices to learn, grow, and let go.
- Anyone craving a healthy, relaxing, fun holiday that will recharge your batteries and inspire wellness.
- 4 nights accommodation at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise in a Deluxe room
- Welcome cocktail reception Sunday evening
- Mindful meals – breakfast, lunch and dinner on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Breakfast on Thursday. Gratuities included. Dietary requirements can be accommodated
- Daily morning and afternoon yoga sessions with Kathy Parsons
- Two additional sessions with Kathy Parsons on Sun Salutations and Mindful Breathwork & Meditation
- Guided outing with our Mountain Adventure Guide
- Amenities at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
- Free time daily
- Be one of the first five people to book by September 13, 2020 to receive a complimentary upgrade to a Deluxe lake View room (subject to availability)
- Single occupancy is available from $450 per night or $1,800 Canadian for the full retreat
- Double occupancy is available from $358 per person, per night or $1,432 Canadian per person for the full retreat
- Rates based on a Deluxe Room
- Rates do not include taxes or service charges
- Four night stay required
- US travelers will enjoy additional savings due to favorable exchange rate. Check Daily Exchange Rates. (Rates will vary and do not include credit card exchange fees. Subject to daily exchange rate changes.)
- All retreats require 50% deposit at time of booking, with full payment due at check-out. Cancellation within one month of program start date will result in full retreat charged. If the hotel has to cancel the retreat for any reason, the full deposit will be refunded or applied to a future retreat. If a guest is unable to travel due to Covid related illness or isolation, the deposit will be applied to a future retreat before December 31, 2021.
- This retreat does not include or cover any transportation to or from the hotel.
- “Kathy is a fabulous yoga instructor – dedicated, innovative, warm and very professional. What an absolute pleasure it was to begin every day with her classes (I’m still in withdrawal). They strike a perfect balance between energetic and restorative, all set to amazing music (none of those generic yoga tracks some instructors rely on). Kathy believes in the power of a great retreat and works very hard to ensure her students have a wonderful experience.” – Cyndi
- “My retreat with Kathy came at the perfect time in my life. I was at a crossroads with regards to my career and personal life, and I knew a week away was what I needed. At the retreat not only did I learn new postures allowing me to deepen my yoga practice, I also learned how to better mentally prepare myself for challenges I would inevitably face off the mat. Kathy seamlessly wove in mindfulness training and meditation that has allowed me to very easily carry the learnings from the week into my daily life. We can’t always break into yoga poses in public, but we can take 5 minutes to breathe in and out and recenter our thoughts. This was my first yoga retreat, and I could not have picked a better person. I am counting down the days when I can join Kathy for my next one!” – Maya
For bookings & Inquiries, contact:
Davina Bernard, Director or Wellness
TEL | +1 403 522 1638
EMAIL | firstname.lastname@example.org