Flow, Connect & Restore – Wellness Retreat
October 17-21, 2021
About the Retreat
Immerse yourself in nature while staying in luxury Fairmont accommodation with sweeping views of Lake Louise and the Rocky Mountains. Nourish and recharge your body with energizing and restorative yoga, explore mindfulness meditation and breathwork, make connections with like-minded people and have a great time in the process! In addition to three delicious, healthy meals a day, six yoga classes and two workshops led by international yogi Kathy Parsons, you’ll have the opportunity to pamper yourself with a world-class massage or spa treatment, explore the gorgeous trails around the property, relax with new friends or settle in to read a good book.
This retreat is designed to be both energizing and restorative. Bring your partner, friend, family member or come on your own. Rest assured, your retreat host and the team at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise will make sure that every detail is taken care of throughout your magical mountain retreat.
You will be practicing with Kathy Parsons, a Toronto-based yoga teacher who is focused on helping each guest learn, grow, relax and feel connected on this retreat. Start each morning with a 75-minute energizing Vinyasa flow yoga class. These classes feature strong flows with creative sequencing designed to lengthen, strengthen and open up your body. Expect to sweat and give yourself a full-body workout while staying connected to the breath. Everyone will be encouraged to listen to his or her body and take breaks when needed.
In the late afternoon, you will explore Yin & Restorative yoga. These classes will begin with a warming flow to prepare your body for deeper stretches (yin) and deep release and relaxation (restorative). This deep stretch yoga targets the deeper fascia of the spine & pelvis allowing for improved flexibility of soft tissues, mobility of the joints and the release of stress in the body & mind. Often described as yoga for the mind, these classes will have mindfulness meditation weaved throughout. You will also enjoy Yoga Nidra Meditation in one of the classes. Yoga Nidra, also known as ‘Yogic Sleep’ is a meditation that invokes deep relaxation and healing. All classes will be set to inspiring music, include personal cues (from a safe distance) and a relaxing aromatherapy savasana.
*Kathy will provide modifications for students who are practicing at different levels, including those who are just starting their yoga journey. Although this practice is suitable for all levels, it is advised that you have the physical fitness that allows you to flow through several basic poses that are linked together. This will make for a more enjoyable practice!
The workshops will offer an opportunity to explore yoga asana (poses) further so you can deepen your learning and understanding of the practice. We will also explore Mindful Breathwork for Stress Relief and a Yoga Nidra guided meditation.
- Challenge and expand your body and mind through challenging (yet accessible) vinyasa flow yoga.
- Kick-start or power up your fitness routine.
- Learn simple breathing techniques and mindful movements that you can incorporate into your daily life for energy and relaxation.
- Disconnect from your busy life and enjoy space and time for reflection
- Forge new connections and meet friends from all over the world
- Yoga practitioners of all levels wanting to experience both challenging and restorative practices to learn, grow, and let go.
- Anyone craving a healthy, relaxing, fun holiday that will recharge your batteries and inspire wellness.
- 4 nights accommodation at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise in a Deluxe room
- Welcome cocktail reception Sunday evening
- Mindful meals – breakfast, lunch and dinner on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Breakfast on Thursday. Gratuities included. Dietary requirements can be accommodated
- Daily morning and afternoon yoga sessions with Kathy Parsons
- Two additional sessions with Kathy Parsons on Sun Salutations and Mindful Breathwork & Meditation
- Guided outing with our Mountain Adventure Guide
- Amenities at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
- Free time daily
- Be one of the first five people to book to receive a complimentary upgrade to a Deluxe lake View room (subject to availability)
- Single occupancy is available from $475 per night or $1,900 Canadian for the full retreat
- Double occupancy is available from $385 per person, per night or $1,540 Canadian per person for the full retreat
- Rates based on a Deluxe Room
- Rates do not include taxes or service charges
- Four night stay required
- Currently only Canadians can book these retreats
- All retreats require 50% deposit at time of booking, with full payment due at check-out. Cancellation within one month of program start date will result in full retreat charged. If the hotel has to cancel the retreat for any reason, the full deposit will be refunded or applied to a future retreat. If a guest is unable to travel due to Covid related illness or isolation, the deposit will be applied to a future retreat in Spring 2022.
- This retreat does not include or cover any transportation to or from the hotel.
- “This was a very well-coordinated and balanced retreat in a gorgeous setting. It will leave you feeling refreshed and energized at the same time. Kathy did a great job of accommodating the yoga practice to the energy of the room. I really appreciated her teaching style and sense of humour! Also, the team did a very good job of accommodating the Covid restrictions and making people feel safe. I can’t wait to attend another of Kathy’s retreats!” – Erin, Lake Louise 2020
- “Kathy’s retreat was an experience which exceeded my expectations on every level. A skilled teacher and motivator, Kathy tunes into each participants’ ability and coaches them to find and challenge their individual edge; along with Kathy’s mindfulness meditation workshop and practice, I came away feeling stronger physically and mentally prepared to incorporate mindfulness into the whirl of everyday madness. Accompanied by the stunning backdrop of Lake Louise, exceptional accommodation and meals at Chateau Lake Louise, hiking the Rockies, and a great group dynamic – Kathy is authentic, dynamic and fun, and worked hard in creating a memorable journey for all. My best yoga & meditation experience yet – I highly recommend Kathy’s retreats.” – Judy, Lake Louise 2020
For bookings & Inquiries, contact:
Davina Bernard, Director of Wellness
TEL | +1 403 522 1638
EMAIL | email@example.com